Your privacy is of great importance to ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED and we are committed to complying with the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the responsible and secure use of your data.
ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED has a legitimate interest in processing personal data in order to provide psychological services. The purpose of this statement is to let you know what personal information ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED collects and holds, why this data is collected, how long it is kept and what your rights are with regards to this personal data. ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
When you are referred for psychological services with ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED you will be asked to consent to the processing of your data under the terms of this policy. ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED will also be responsible for their own data management, will abide by this privacy statement, and will hold their own privacy statement that complies with the GDPR terms.
What information does ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED collect?
ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED collects personal data such as name, address, date of birth, gender, GP/medical practitioner details, telephone numbers and email address. We also collect any data you give us regarding personal and family background, alongside potentially sensitive data relating to medical and mental health conditions.
What does ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED use your information for?
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide clients with psychological services requested from ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED.
- To notify you about changes to your appointments and the services ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED provides.
- To fulfil any administrative, legal, ethical and contractual obligations.
- On occasion ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED will provide information on trainings, workshops, blogs, electronic mailings or newsletters specific to ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED services only.
What information does ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED share?
We will not share any information about you with other organisations or people, except in the following situations:
- Consent – We may share information with relevant medical professionals or others whom you have requested or agreed we need to contact.
- Serious harm – We may share your information with the relevant authorities if we have reason to believe that this may prevent serious harm being caused to you or another person.
- Compliance with law – We may share information when the law requires us to – i.e. safeguarding, terrorism, drug trafficking and serious crime.
- Clinical Will– We have a clinical will which means in the event of sudden death or a serious accident or illness, a named colleague will be able to access the contact details so we can notify clients.
- Supervision– It is an ethical requirement for any clinician offering psychological services to have regular supervision. Any supervisor used is an accredited member of the relevant accrediting body and works within their ethical framework.
How does ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED keep your information safe?
- All information you provide to ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED is stored as securely as possible. We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information given.
- All paper forms and correspondence are kept in locked filing cabinets. All electronic files are kept on password-protected devices with virus protection software.
- All information is limited to Robin Logie and any personnel needed to maintain ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED’s services. Any personnel that have access to these files abide by this privacy statement and/or hold their own privacy statement that complies with the GDPR terms.
- Formal reports are password protected and/or they are sent through a secure encrypted services.
- Whilst we endeavour to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects, we cannot bear responsibility for all communications being virus free.
- Any known data breaches will be reported to the ICO within 72 hours.
- Any requests for personal data need to be made through a data subject access request and will be supplied within one month.
- ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED’s website, www.robinlogie.com, is maintained by 499 Designs. Your details are not stored on their systems for any contact requests made through them.
- If clients choose to contact ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED by text or mobile phone, numbers are not stored digitally.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data – Rectify, erase or restrict your data – Object to the processing of your data – Request transfer of data (data portability).
- You may withdraw your consent for ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED to hold and process your data at any time. However, if you do this while actively receiving psychological services, the services would have to end. You can withdraw your consent by stating this on an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any concerns about the way ROBIN LOGIE LIMITED handles your data please contact email@example.com. If you feel this has not been resolved effectively you have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk)
Changes to this policy
This document is a work in progress and may be modified from time to time.