Psychological therapy is provided for children, adults and couples. I work with a large variety of psychological disorders including:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- eating disorders
- conduct disorder
- other common childhood disorders.
- The specific therapy to be utilized will depend on my initial assessment. However, it should be noted that I specialize in Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR).
I accept referrals from GPs and other medical specialists and professionals as well as from patients themselves. I am registered with several medical insurance companies including BUPA.
I see patients at The Mill, St Catherine’s Park, Preston, PR5 5XU.
Therapy is usually in sessions lasting 50 minutes (except in the case of EMDR where sessions can be up to 90 minutes). In the majority of cases a total of 5 to 15 sessions will be required.
Before therapy commences, I will see patients for an initial assessment. For adults this usually consists of one session. For children it can be two or three sessions and will also involve interviewing the child’s parents.
Assessments are provided for both adults and children. Each assessment will be summarised in a written report. Areas of assessment include:
- dyslexia and other learning disabilities
- psychological disorders (particularly Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Assessments can be requested directly by individuals or, in the case of children, their parents.
If the request is for assessment in relation to legal proceedings, I will require a formal letter of instruction from a solicitor. However, you are welcome to contact me informally for initial information.
Areas in which I can provide legal assessments include the following:
- Personal injury claims (including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, phobias related to the injury, depression and other emotional effects of traumatic events)
- (It should be noted that I no longer provide assessments in relation to Children Act and Criminal Proceedings)
I provide supervision of EMDR for individuals and groups, both privately and for the NHS or other agencies.
I provide training to groups as a workshop or a more formal presentation on topics such as:
- EMDR: General introduction
- EMDR supervision
- Flashforward technique
- EMDR for OCD